Features of the washing-up luffa scourer:
- A luffa or loofah is a fibrous plant seed pod. The luffa plant is a cucurbita, a group of plants including gourds, pumpkins, and cucumbers. It is biodegradable and compostable.
- The luffa sponges are grown in small farms (so no intensive culture) close one to the other in Galicia, Spain. These fields are also near the center where are collected and prepared to be shipped to distributers.
- They do not use any chemical product for plant protection such as weed-killers, included legal ones. Moreover, all the equipment used in these farms are biodegradable and recyclable.
Use of the washing-up luffa scourer:
- Rinse it after each use.
- Hang to dry or store it in a dry place.
- If the sponge changes colour or starts to smell, it is time to replace it.
Each luffa scourer is unique as each luffa fruit is unique 🙂
- Length: 13,5cm aprox
- Width: 6 cm aprox
Cultivated and handcrafted in Spain by Ibérica de Esponjas Vegetales.